- 8 cups Corn Pops
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a large bowl, combine cereal and peanuts; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam). Immediately pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers.Yield: 14 cups.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 306 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.