- 1 medium eggplant (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 4 medium tomatoes, cubed (3-1/2 to 4 cups)
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise. Place with cut side down in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Cool, peel and cut the eggplant into 1/2-in. cubes; place in a large salad bowl. Add tomatoes, eggs and onion. Add dressing, salt and pepper; toss. Cover and chill 1 hour before serving.Yield: 10 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (made with low-fat dressing and without added salt) equals 2 vegetable and 1/2 fat; also, 76 calories, 268 mg sodium, 62 mg cholesterol, 10 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, 3 gm fat.