The McPherson City Commission met Monday and here is what you need to know:
1. Commissioners approved the event request for the annual Back to School Bash and Fill the Boot campaign. During the event on Aug. 19, firefighters from the McPherson Fire Department will collect donations for the muscular dystrophy association on street corners and at the evening’s annual dance.
2. Commissioners approved the resignation of Justin Dietzel, paid call firefighter with the McPherson Fire Department, effective July 25.
3. Commissioners approved changes to the Community Development Beautification Grant contract. The South Central Kansas Economic Development District indicated there is a need to modify the current approved budget for the open CDBG Housing Rehab Project. The amendment moves funds from relocation expenses to radon testing which has been performed on most of the rehabilitated houses so far.
4. Commissioners approved payment to Mark Miller Construction LLC not to exceed $1,696 for repairs to a curb and flume located on Ponderosa Court. The street department is unable to complete the work in the time frame requested by the property owner, so the city and the property owner will each pay half of the total cost of $3,392.
5. Commissioners approved the motion to rename certain streets as platted in the Barnstormers Field First Addition and Barnstormers West Field Addition. The public works department reported that the appropriate designation of the Eastlinks roadway should be Eastlinks Drive. A previous ordinance adopted by the city labels it as a street, which is not the proper designation as there is a bend in the roadway.