The McPherson City Commission met for their regular meeting Monday morning and here's what you need to know:
1. Commissioners heard a report on the 10-foot sidewalk project from the public works department. Sections on the south side of the Avenue A bridge along Wall Park and backfill are completed. The grading base will continue from south of the Avenue A bridge to the golf course entrance. Re-work was pushed off for yet another week. The protective structure to cover the walkway under the bridge is now on-site and installation should start in a couple of weeks.
2. Commissioners approved the plan to contract with Earles Engineering to complete design and surveying services for the Grand Street and Hartup Street community sewer. Cost is not to exceed $15,103.
3. Commissioners approved the Public Lands and Facilities department to purchase grass and fertilizer from Helena Chemical Company for the Turkey Creek Golf Course. Cost not to exceed $5,100.
4. Commissioners approved the Public Lands and Facilities department to purchase fall and spring flower bed seeds for the department from Ball Seed Horticultural Company. Cost is not to exceed $3,000.
5. Commissioners approved the resignation of Brian Doherty, assistant building inspector, effective Sept. 19.
Contact Brooke Haas by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @MacSentinel.