The McPherson City Commission met Monday for a regular meeting and here’s what you need to know.
1. Commissioners approved request for the 2017 Veterans Day Parade. The event will be held at 10:30 a.m. Nov. 11 beginning at the McPherson American Legion and will proceed down Main Street to Marlin Street, then west to Walnut Street, north to Woodside Street, west to Mulberry Street and will end at the Park Department building. A ceremony will be held at 11 a.m. at the Park Department building directly after the parade.
2. Commissioners approved a number of items for the McPherson Public Works department. First, commissioners approved a change order in the amount of $15,000 to add the design of a box culvert under First Street for the Hulse Area Drainage Improvement Design Contract with Alfred Benesch & Company. This increases the contract the price to a total to not exceed $269,146. Commissioners approved the hiring of Mayer Specialty Services, LLC to seal the sewer tap for Lakeside Drive to not exceed $3,524.
Public Works Director Jeff Woodward reported that lighting under two bridges along the Avenue A sidewalk in phase one is complete.
3. Commissioners approved payment of $200,000 to McPherson County for the city’s share of the Mohawk Interchange Improvement and Centennial/16th Street Pavement extension. Extensions will be added north of the interchange.
4. Commissioners approved a quote from Salina Glass for an amount to not exceed $3,797 on repairs on the south door of Turkey Creek Golf Course Clubhouse.
5. Commissioners approved payment to Data Technologies, Inc. for an amount to not exceed $3,356 for Licensing and Support for the Municipal Court Software for 2018.
Contact Brooke Haas by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow her on Twitter @ MacSentinel.