Around 10 a.m. Thursday morning, fire broke out in a metal storage unit at Affordable Storage, 819 W. Kansas St.

Isaiah Williams, an employee at Affordable Storage who lives near the storage units, was one of the first to notice the clouds of smoke.

"I went outside and I just smelled smoke, so I ran over there," Williams said.

Williams saw another passerby had already called 911, and McPherson Fire Department responded within minutes to the fire.

"They were here, like, super quick," Williams said.

At least two units were damaged in the fire. Fire crews are still on scene.