1. Learn about state health reform: There will be a KanCare Information and Medicaid Services meeting from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. at The Cedars HCC Training Room, McPherson.
Representatives from the Kansas Department on Aging and Disabilities Services will present an informational meeting on KanCare and Medicaid Services. This is free and open to the public. Anyone who may have questions concerning Medicaid services is encouraged to attend.
2. Join YP Mac for Lunch & Learn: YP MAC will have its quarterly Lunch & Learn from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Farmers Alliance Wellness Center, 1122 N. Main St. YP MAC attorneys and tax professionals will speak on the importance of writing wills and establishing tax plans now. There is a $10 charge, and lunch will be provided. RSVPs are required. RSVP to ypmac.ks@
gmail.com or on the YP MAC Facebook page.
Also join YP MAC for its monthly mingle from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Block 32, 128 S. Christian Ave., Moundridge.
3. Learn history of All Schools Day: The McPherson County Historical Society will meet at 2 p.m. in the city commission room of the McPherson Municipal Center, 400 E. Kansas Ave. to hear the presentation titled “Touching Hearts for 100 Years” — All Schools Day history of the annual tradition that began in 1914 in McPherson. Mike Rausch and Larry Sigle will present a Power Point presentation. For more information, call 620-241-0604.
4. Learn more about the time of Jesus: Jonathan Reed, professor of religion at the University of La Verne in California, will give a speech titled “Death, Disease, and Demographics in Jesus’ Galilee — A New Look at the First Christians” as a part of McPherson College’s Religious Heritage Lecture at 4 p.m. Sunday at the McPherson Church of the Brethren.
5. Check out a new, young artist at Opera House: Darrelle London will be in concert at 7 p.m. Saturday at the McPherson Opera House, 219 S. Main St.
London is young singer-songwriter whose wry lyrics and catchy tunes nail the soul of the 20-to-30-something crowd, a news release said. For ticket information, call 241-1952 or visit www.mcphersonoperahouse.org.